Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Well, today makes 2 weeks of dealing with this crap and I'm still plugging along. I am waiting to hear from the lawyer here pretty soon.
I went in and checked Ripoff Report this morning and had someone else (not an employee at least I don't think) pointing out 3B's warranties and policies, BUT she also neglected to post their disclaimer which everyone is seeming to ignore (except me).
It is as follows: State Law Rights
"Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary, from state to state."
Then in larger red print it says "Not responsible for typos."
This is at the bottom of the very same page which she copied from.
She said "If you file a court case let us know with a docket number so we can follow it." I will be sure to do that Ashley as there is no "empty threat of an attorney," it is a fact of an attorney.

Now in response to "Pinkie" who left a comment on my blog yesterday. Yes they want us to send it back so they can fix it. We don't know why it wasn't in working order when we got it and neither do they, so they say. They are telling us that we have to keep sending it back to be fixed because that is their warranty. They don't care how long the consumer is without the product, as long as "they do their part."
We also question what will go wrong when the warranty is up. To correct you ( not being mean here) it is so far 3+ problems with the computer in 2 months. You are correct that something is NOT right here and that it IS a defective product, but they only seem to want to "fix" what should have been done in the first place.
I also know that their policy says "refund within 7 days" as I HAVE read everything and it has been sent and pointed out numerous times, BUT the problems started AFTER the 7 day period and we WERE contacting them. Do we have an RMA# for them to reference? No, go back and listen to your taped calls, then maybe, just maybe you will hear YOUR customer service rep tell my sister her 2 options, one of which was to "return for a refund."
It was also implied to me in the phone call with Seth that my Mom "changed her mind." She did not. She loves being on the computer and doing her genealogy among other things. She is retired and on a fixed income and the computer is one of the ways she keeps in touch with people, which doesn't cost a lot of money.
Another thing they kept throwing up to me was "it would be used and we don't sell used and we can't sell used etc..." How do we know that all the parts installed in the "customer built" computer that I bought are new and not used? Just because they "say" they only use new parts? I mean the latch on the floppy drive door was broken, there were no parts floating around in the box and there were no cables for the floppy drive to be hooked up, we had to have those sent to us as well.
I could also tell that Seth was not really paying attention to me when I said that "the only reason I was the one dealing with this was because Mom's computer blew up," his response was "well you said the front USB ports were not working, that does not make the computer unusable." Umm, I was talking about the old computer and why all of this was done in my name. I never said that the "new" computer was unusable, I said there were things on it that were unusable. I'm sure (in their opinion) that "I misunderstood" yet again. I don't think so, I know what I was saying and what I was talking about and I wasn't double talking!

Thank you again to everyone for all of your support!! Don't forget to vote in my poll before you leave!!

2 comments:

  1. Was reading all of the rip off reports on this company, I just can't believe how horrible they are to deal with. I can only imagine how many others they have treated this way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never blogged in my life, but as a successful business owner of over 11 years & coming from a family that has been in business for over 36 years, this company is ridiculous! It is outragous that they would send "defective" product, then to cover their "HUGH JASS" they say they have placed provisions in their refund polcy so that the customer gets screwed. Is that really what Americans think is fair? We are our own worst enemies. No wonder smaller retailers go bankrupt everyday! Take care of your customer. If your computer is problematic in the 1st 2 weeks of life, then that would constitute a LEMON to me! I surely wouldn't want to keep a ticking time bomb either. Nor would I play the game of sending it back & forth for repairs. Who's going to compensate your mother for loss of use, gas back & forth to the post office, time & frustration, etc. Stand your ground, even if you don't get a full refund, they will be out more $ to their attorney, not to mention all the business they will never get because of their unscrupulous practices. Those scoundrels will never see a penny from me nor anyone I know because your blog will be posted in my office for amusement at their stupidity, as well as, buyer beware information. My family prides itself on keeping $ local & to non-comercially ran retailers, but I'd give my $ to Iraq before them. SHAME SHAME SHAME ON THEM!

    ReplyDelete