Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Today starts breast cancer awareness month. Have you had your mammies grammied? I know I haven't.
This month is also extra special to me as my cousin and team captain for Relay For Life is a 2 time breast cancer survivor and my bestest friend's Granni is also a breast cancer survivor. Granni does need some extra prayers right now as they did find a small area last week and said "it's probably benign". BUT like Granni said "that's what you said the last time." She goes back for another mammy in 6 months and we know all will be well. We are all praying for our Granni.
I'm also asking for prayers for bestest friend Jaci as she is sooooooo ready to pop Sammy out any day now. Hopefully we will get to welcome Sam into this world this weekend!! Sam, "you need to move it move it!!" We've been singing that to him for the last couple of weeks. LOL
Ok, now go schedule an appointment to get your mammies grammied!! There are some places that do do it for free (I haven't researched that yet) so, NO excuses!!
The best prevention is early detection.
If you would like to make a donation to The American Cancer Society, you may do so through me and or my team Fishing For A Cure.
I will update again as soon as we have stats on Sammy!! Have a great rest of the week everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment