Monday, December 22, 2008

Yes Virginia, ther IS a Santa Claus!!

Merry Christmas and Happy Chanukah to everyone!!
This blog today is dedicated to a very special lady and her family. Dolcie, this is for you.
Back on December 10th I was in an Etsy chat and met this wonderful lady for the very first time. I was talking to another friend of mine about a tragedy that had happened here locally the night before. My 16 year old niece's friend and her family lost everything the night before in a house fire. They were not home by the grace of God. But they lost 6 cats and a dog and all of their possessions. I was getting some food and essentials together for the family and filling my other friend in on what I was doing when Miss Dolcie started asking me questions. I gave her as much information as I could about them and she in turn gave me information to get in touch with Toys for Tots. Her son Jason is in charge of their local Toys for Tots in Farmington, New Mexico.
Well, Miss Dolcie then asked me for my address so that she could send some things for the family. Today I received the box and just sat and cried. This wonderful lady who does not even know me, let alone this family, sent a box of Christmas presents for the family. I just wanted to let people know that even in these tough economic times that people still really do care whether they have met you in person or not. Thank you again Dolcie and Jason!!
I also was able to contact our local Toys for Tots. Unfortunately they were done handing out toys for this year BUT they put me in touch with a minister and he donated $200 in Wal Mart gift cards for the family!! So, again thank you Dolcie and Jason for all you have done to help make this a wonderful Christmas for this family!!
Merry Christmas!! (Jesus is the reason for the season!!)


P.S. Dolcie also has a shop on Etsy DeeCee1.etsy.com

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this inspiring story this holiday season! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo!!! Thank you for stepping up and helping people you don't even know. This is truly what Christmas is all about. Helping one another and being there for someone in need. Christmas is giving- this is a wonderful time to help those less fortunate than ourselves. This is such a blessing to this family! God will bless you too- You make your Mama Proud!!! Love you, MuM~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a wonderful story but it's not just what Christmas is about..it's what life is about. What a wonderful lady! And you too, for caring and for inspiring.

    ReplyDelete